EADC Blog

Roses are red; violets are blue; thank God the sun’s here…it’s allergy time J  And since we’re big believers in whole body health, we’re stepping out of our normal oral health mode to bring you some great tips for allergy season.

Antihistamines

With up to 30% of us living through itchy eyes, the sneezes and everything else that comes with…these bad boys are pretty popular.  On the plus side, they help up to 80% of our symptoms according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America The challenge…they rarely relieve the other 20%.  And…on the downside, sleepy time often follows.

So, our advice…first and foremost, check with your physician.  Your doc went to school for a lot of years and believe or not…knows a ton of info you might want to know.  And in addition, if you’re up for some natural helpers, check these out per a great article on Mashable:

  1. Take some butterbur
  2. Try some stinging nettle leaf
  3. Sip some apple cider
  4. Probiotics
  5. Flush your nose with nasal irrigation
  6. Take a hot shower
  7. Breathe in some eucalyptus oil
  8. Eat some spicy food
  9. Give acupuncture a try

Some we’ve tried…others totally new to our ears.  Either way, knowledge is power.  Have a read, enjoy the break in the weather and as always, drop us a line with any questions.

Happy Spring!

The East Amherst Dental Center Team


For Your Extra Smile Appointment

Call 716.689.6300

or

Click Here